Our client is looking for an experienced Assistant Manager, HSEQ to join their organization to assist the department with planning of inspections & audits and also serves as an administrator of the QMS system. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of relevant experience in shipping.
- Follow up and collate data on HSEQ from managers about all vessels
- Analyse the data to make graphs/tables/trends/presentations and identify areas of improvement.
- Make monthly / quarterly/ annual HSEQ related reports including ESG/Sustainability.
- Participate in incident investigations to promote learning and loss prevention
- Contribute to quality safety publications and sharing of lessons learnt within the company with data from all vessels.
- Run campaigns, analyse data and derive learnings to share.
- Visit ships to carry out HSEQ inspection/audits/investigations.
- Actively participate in meetings and give presentations.
- Carry out review of procedures / processes as a part of continuous improvement
- Review safety meetings & identify best practices and implement it across the fleet.
- Assist in carrying out TMSA Audits/Office, Vessel and other audits
- Carry out regular benchmarking exercise with Industry and third-party managers.
- Contribute to briefing, debriefing, induction, conference calls, interviews of seafarers & office staff
- Review of wellness activity of vessels and office.
- Review and improve training content & assist in software management
- Engage in research and project work as required
- Collaborate interdepartmentally and across offices
- Contribute towards development and delivery of departmental strategies and targets
- Assist in compiling and maintaining company and departmental budgets
- Contribute to review risk exposure related to the office/ department and recommend corresponding control measures to mitigate the risk
- Actively participate and engage in the process for the continuous improvement of departmental procedures
- Provide both clerical and administrative support to the department
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in marine-related field of study or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in shipping
- Good IT and presentation capabilities
- Able to travel and visit vessels/offices when required
- Strong interpersonal skills, communications skills and confident
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!