We are looking for an experienced Claims Analyst for one of our global shipping clients. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the successful candidate will play an important role to oversee the company’s marine claims management. You will be working closely with various stakeholders, such as customers, lawyers, recovery agents, P&I Clubs and Underwriters to manage Cargo claims. The ideal candidate would have at least 3-5 years of experience in cargo claims managements.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Handling direct customer claims, claims from other carriers, insurers, lawyers and recovery agents.
- Ensure that all cargo claims/lawsuits are responded to and concluded with minimal repercussions to operations/markets
- Ensure that cargo claims settlements are based on best possible terms and based on legal principles
- Conducting cargo claims and system training as required
- Pursue cargo claims recoveries against third parties and/or insurer
- Support Senior Manager Cargo Claims to co-ordinate Claims responses in major incidents
- Support Senior Manager Cargo Claims with reporting to Management.
- Identify and address process/knowledge gaps to manage the legal and financial exposure faced by the company, in terms of contractual clauses, operational practices, etc.
- Advise operations team on non-standard situations which arise, including pre-carriage pre-delivery and post-delivery phase
- Appoint, instruct and manage lawyers for legal proceedings and in major incidents as needed.
- Minimum a Diploma Holder, ideally in Maritime or Legal Studies
- With 3 to 5 years of experience in cargo claims managements with shipowners, ship managers or P&I Clubs and their correspondents
- Strong knowledge about maritime laws and conventions involving cargo liabilities is mandatory
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.