One of our global shipping clients is looking for a proactive and experienced Assistant Insurance Manager to join their Risk and Insurance team. The Assistant Insurance Manager will have the responsibility for the administration of all policies of marine and non-marine insurance and claims across the Company and it’s subsidiary. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked for at least 6 years in a shipowner insurance and claims department and has good commercial understanding and is highly organized and meticulous in his/her approach.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Insurance, he/she will:
- Ensure timely payment of premiums and deductibles, and prompt processing of invoices and credit notes
- Manage certification for vessel insurances including P&I, H&M, COFR, WRC, bunker blue cards etc
- Provide accurate and timely assessment of all classes of claims and ensure all claims are filed with the insurers in a timely manner and follow up on reimbursements from insurers promptly.
- Handle early claim investigations, complex claims management and support legal team when required.
- Assess situations independently and put in place surveyors and local experts to mitigate further damages or risks involved with cargoes and/or casualties.
- Review and negotiate contracts to ensure adequate and appropriate insurance coverage is in place.
- Analyse claims statistics to provide full claims overview, lead and highlight key issues to relevant stakeholders on a monthly basis and formulate loss prevention initiatives with them.
- Ensure up-to-date and complete documentation of all insurance and risk related matters of the company.
- An excellent communicator and negotiator, independent but also be a good team player.
- Highly organised and accountable for decision made and has great problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills.
- At least 6 years of work experience handling marine insurance and claims matters.