Our client is an established and leading Global Shipowner in the Shipping Industry. They are looking for an energetic and experienced Assistant Crewing Manager to join their Crewing Team in Singapore. The ideal candidate would have proven track record in ensuring smooth and optimal crew planning and ensuring crew sign on / off promptly as scheduled. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of crew rotation planning and scheduling experience for conventional vessels.
Reporting to the Global Head of Crewing, he/she will be responsible
- For all crewing operations matter of the Company
- Designs operational procedures that meet crew experience matrixes within tight timelines
- Manage 3rd party crew managers and ensure that seafarers who are selected to go onboard meets regulatory and company’s expectation
- Work closely with 3rd party crew managers to ensure the timely recruitment, performance management, Crew disciplinary/grievances management and mandatory trainings of the crew
- Ensure proper maintenance of all records of manning agencies’ reports and internal audits
- To assist with vessel planning requirements and handle briefing/ debriefing of seafarers, as necessary.
- To prepare weekly, monthly reports as per company’s requirements and highlight seafarer’s market situation and suggest new crew changes requirements or staff welfare and benefits accordingly so as to ensure to keep operating expenses in check and ensuring good retention rate of seafarers as well.
- To assist and support in all other ad hoc tasks as may be assigned by the Head of Crew Manning
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree holder from a recognised institution
- Good knowledge of international crewing regulations including flag state requirements, STCW, ILO, MLC2006, etc.
- At least 5 years of crewing experience (specifically in crew planning and scheduling) is required
- Independent, reliable and proactive
- Good communicator and great team player
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.