Our client is one of the leading manufacturers for industrial generators for marine, homes, commercial, portable as well as UPS. They provide tech support, custom engineering, testing and commissioning, site-based operation and maintenance as well as field service and warranty support.
We are looking for a proactive and business-oriented Area Sales Manager, Marine to promote and develop the company’s products in the Marine industry in South East Asia. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of relevant sales experience in power generation business and/or is a seasoned commercial manager with roots in the marine sector. He/she would have a proven track record in B2B sales to shipyards, OEM, and distributors and ideally, he/she has a well-developed affinity with the technical aspect of shipbuilding technology and electronics devices such as generators or engines. It is important that the candidate has built up his/her acquired expertise in the international business arena (including the U.S.A) and knows how to conduct deals in an International setting.
The Area Sales manager holds an independent, challenging and ultimately commercial responsibility with a high degree of autonomy in this role. He/she will conduct and organize his/her business as a true entrepreneur with a strong emphasis on progressive yield growth and rigid cost control. He/she will use their network in the Marine industry to develop new business opportunities.
- Provides excellent servicing of all existing customers, Distributors, OEM’s and (luxury) yacht builders alike
- Ensures a progressive extension of the company’s relevant network (sales and service) of (prospect) clients among shipbuilders, OEM and other distributors
- Secures and expands the existing Distribution and service network throughout his assigned Area of responsibility
- Ensures an efficient and smooth-running cooperation and inter-company collaboration with the Regional office, as well as with all other worldwide relevant (marine) executives, other internal and external stakeholders, and with headquarters in the US.
- Ensures excellent working relations with the Regional Sales manager, and to create a genuine, profitable partner relationship with him.
- Ensures efficient and pro-active working relation with the Regional Service manager and to secure an effective way of communication to improve and build the service experience at the Distributor
- Diploma/ Degree holder in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with at least 3 years of relevant sales experience in a B-to-B environment
- Having commercial experience in marine and off-shore industry and being a marine (leisure craft and commercial) enthusiastic will be an advantage
- Possess the characteristics of risk-taking, urgency, thoroughness and self- structure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a great team player
- This position involves frequent international travel (minimum 50%)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.