Our client is one of the leading manufacturers for industrial generators for marine, homes, commercial, portable as well as UPS. We are looking for an experienced and customer-oriented Application Engineer to work closely with their consultants, integrators/ contractors, and distributors so as to handle all the necessary pre-sales work such as tenders, feasibility studies, material specifications, costings and out-sourcing works etc for their customers.
The ideal candidate would be proficient in using AutoCad, able to reach architectural. Mechanical and electrical blueprints and has a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems. He/she will be required to provide technical support on the product offerings to customers and ensure proposed solutions meet local authority requirements and tender specifications.
- Performs project feasibility studies, proposes alternative solutions, specifications deviation from inquiry documents
- Work on project tender specifications.
- Attend to project sites for survey and assist in integration proposal.
- Able to lead in discussions with inquirers on influencing specifications change especially on installation design considerations pertaining to exhaust and fuel supply system.
- Generates project cost estimation, constantly identifies new vendors / suppliers / contractors for optimum cost consideration
- Worked together with sales team to generates detailed project proposals, quotations, and technical compliance documents
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for achieving organization sales target.
- Degree/ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant technical disciplines with 6-8 years of relevant experience and proficient in Microsoft Office & in using AutoCad.
- Knowing BIM Revit will be of an advantage
- Able to read architectural, mechanical, and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems
- Knowledge in site installation works and requirements preferred
- Good interpersonal skills along with good oral and written communication skills