We are looking for an experienced AP Executive (1-year contract) for one of our global shipping clients. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of experiences in Accounts payable and preferably someone who has hands-on exposure in processing high transactional volume. This function is to assist the payment transactions in the Accounts Payable team and reports to the Accounts Manager.
1. Administer and monitor invoices up to the payment stage which includes:
• Processing of suppliers’ invoices received via mail or electronic invoicing system, verification of invoices against purchase order and delivery order and completes the accounts payable entry by updating the supplies and accounting system.
• Processing of port agents’ invoices for payment of proforma port advance and final disbursement account. Reconciliation of agents’ balances.
• Perform reconciliation of suppliers’ statement of account against outstanding suppliers’ ledger to ensure no unrecorded liabilities
- Checking of accounts coding on invoices
- Liaising and coordinating with suppliers on outstanding payments and issues.
- Liaising with various departments to resolve pending issues to avoid delay on payment.
2. Assist in the analysis of periodic and ad-hoc reports.
3. Any duties as assigned by the Accounts Manager.
• Minimum Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent
• 2-3 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the shipping industry
• Good interpersonal and communication skills – spoken and written English
• A team player who is hands-on and meticulous in his/her work and can deliver within tight deadlines
• Proficient in MS Office in particular MS Excel application
• Working knowledge of Danaos Enterprise will be advantageous
• Someone who does not mind handling manual transactional volume will be preferred.
• Commitment to stay for a full period of 12 months
Remuneration & benefits
- Completion Bonus
- Term: 1 year contract – Renewable and convertible depending on business requirements
- Good working environment and a chance to work in a reputed and established MNC
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!