We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Accounts Manager for one of our global shipping clients. The Accounts Manager will be responsible to manage a team of accountants to oversee vessel accounts functions and full set of office accounts. He/she will ensure the KPIs of the financial accounting and reporting are met and review year-end consolidation of group accounts and annual statutory group financial statements. The ideal candidate would have strong analytical skills, financial statement interpretation/analysis and report writing skills with group consolidation experience. He/she would have strong managerial skills, good communication and is highly resourceful
- Lead and manage the Vessel Accounting function to achieve both day-to-day operational objectives. Lead and executive process streamlining, process automation and productivity gains in order to achieve long-term business targets. Lead the team in ongoing transformational journey with new ERP system.
- Ensure the KPIs for the financial accounting, reporting and other related processes are met.
- Train and coach team members to develop core competencies and advanced skillsets required for process improvements and process automation.
- Lead in the preparation and analysis of periodic reports, dashboards, ad-hoc reports and any other projects.
- Review Trial Balances to ensure balances in vessel books are properly recorded and reconciled. Analysis of balances and to highlight exceptional items.
- Review of vessels’ voyage results, daily running costs, segmental net operating profit and variance analysis prepared by vessel accounting team.
- Review of US Freight tax for quarterly submissions.
- Review year-end consolidation of group accounts and annual statutory group financial statements in accordance with Financial Reporting Standards and Companies Act.
- Preparation of periodic reports as follows:
- Pool reports and inform post-fixture on monthly billings and settlement (Liaise with Pool managers on accounting matters relating to chemical vessels)
- Average price reports for lubricant valuation
- BCG reporting
- Operating lease commitments
- Non-ship days
- Monthly review of various project costs (Insurance claims, drydock, vessel upgrades), track and assess projects for capitalization in accordance with the Company’s policy. Ensure project costs are recognized, accrued and reconciled to the GL.
- Preparation, coordination of audit walkthroughs, schedules for vessel accounts and attend to auditors’ requests and queries.
- Attending to queries with regards to accounting-related issues raised by users of accounting information.
- Administrator for business rules in IMOS/ GL. Lead in Oracle for periodic month/ year-end closing procedures, amendment of suppliers’ bank details, manual upload of exchange rates where required.
- Ensure timely and accurate closing of office accounts and submission of monthly financial reports and schedules.
- Monthly GL closing activities: Coordination of monthly closing activities, monthly revaluation, ensure intercompany balances are reconciled within the group, process refunds according to limits set within Oracle, review and approve journals, pass journal entries where required.
- Review of OPEX budgets and forecasts & preparation of annual office budgets.
- Review and ensure timely filing of the corporate tax and GST returns, handling of post ACAP review and to assist in any other corporate tax matters.
- Resolve any system/operational issues.
- Provide support and assist in preparing ad hoc analysis report and duties as and when required.
- A recognized degree or professional qualification in Accountancy or CPA
- At least 3-5 years of managerial experience in similar capacity and from the shipping industry
- Strong leadership skills, and at the same time, a team player who is hands-on and meticulous in his/her work and can deliver within tight deadlines
- Independent, responsible, mature and possess high level of integrity, strong personal drive and resourcefulness
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office in particular MS Excel application is essential
- Working knowledge of Oracle/ IMOS will be advantageous
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.